Re: [Epic] model questions

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 08:31:25 -0700

At 08:01 AM 10/16/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Max Maynard-Maloney wrote:
>>
>> > I agree. The main reason that most people think of them as green is
>> > because they have algae mixed in their blood. Even though I "see" them
>> > as green, I could also see them as black or even blue. But I just can
>> > see them as red, white or some other brighter color. My opinion.
>> >
>> I always thought of them as being green because this is a GW game and they
>> say outright that all Orks are green.
>
>This is the reason least important to me. :-) I just have always
>pictured fantasy orcs as brown, and think it would be a good color.
>But I really don't care what GW says. There are too many parts of
>their fluff only available in books I wouldn't have (only having
>stuff put out for Epic and Space Hulk), and I don't expect to be held
>to stuff I don't have. I know being green is obvious enough and is
>available in Epic books, but I don't really associate my games that
>much with the Warhammer 40K world.
>
>Thanks for all the opinions, whether the reasons Orks are green
>(chlorophyll, algae, whatever), or the basic point that GW says so.
>While the latter argument does not sway me, I'm not jumping on you
>for suggesting it. But I think I'll go with brown. Hopefully,
>before long I'll be done with my current painting schedule and can
>start on Orks.
>
>(As for the point about whether there would be non-whites left in
>GW's world, isn't the language largely derived from Asian languages,
>and Latin only used to get across the feel of an almost familiar
>older tongue? Maybe they should all look Japanese. :-)
>
>Did anybody look at my hill with a dragon skeleton? I was kinda
>proud of it, and didn't hear any responses. (Maybe that means it
>isn't as neat as I thought. :-) www.avs.com/~askinner/epic, look
>at links for pic1, pic2, pic3.
>

>andy
>
>--
>Andy Skinner
>askinner_at_...

        Didn't see the model, nut the concept sure sounds cool. I'll get around to
it eventually...

        As to color: consider all of the different varieties of color which
chlorophyll bearing organisms and algae come in just on this one planet!
There is no reason you couldn't have dusky red orks, as far as I can tell.

Nickles