Re [Epic] Fodder

From: A J Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970

Firstly I apologize as this is a bit off track but does tie into the current fodder thread and I felt it may interest some and give a bit of food for thought.
One thing that always sticks in my mind from my armed forces training is being taught to ' shoot to wound ' rather than 'shoot to kill ' as a wounded man makes many more demands on his squad, unit and army in general than a dead one does i.e. the morale issue for his mates of carrying him/ leaving him, medivac, costs of rehab etc which if you take it out to the full extremes will provide much more burden than a cross in a military cemetery and a sympathy telegram will. This is part of the rational behind the introduction of the 5.56 mm round as NATO standard to replace the 7.62 mm . The 7.62 mm was simply too effective at killing.
Anyhow, I apologize again for being off track.

Alun
Still trying to think of an appropriate sig.