Re: [Epic] Sigs

From: cowen <jcowen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 20:33:16 +1000

here's a few i dug up...

Onward to honour, brothers. We shall eradicate the genestealer threat.
Onward for the emporer, our people, and our chapter. Onward for the
deathwing.

"The inquisition and administratum say we are weak because some of us have
given in to the black rage - they are fools! The black rage makes us
strong, because we must resist its temptations every day of our lives or be
forever damned!"

"Forget your past life. From this day on you are simply a dark angel -
nothing else is of consequence. The chapter is all that matters."

"The enemy have been sighted. I am going to engage. In the name of the
Emporer; Ravenwing - Attack!, Attack!, ATTACK!"

An open battlefield is nothing but a death trap - in war any visible target
is a casualty no matter how well protected it may be.

Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be
sentinals to ward of unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is
lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

Every posotion must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement.
With our backs to the wall, and belieing in the justice of our cause, each
one of us must ight on to the end.

A commander must have the courage to see his plans though, for good or ill.
Wars are won or lost when the battle lines are drawn.

A heretic may see the truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his
past and will be absolved in death. A traitor can never be forgiven. A
traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing
as wretched or as hated in all the world as a traitor.

They have only one purpose and there is nothing they will not do to
accomplish this, no matter how vile of loathsome it might be. These
abominations mean to destroy everything proud and noble, everything we hold
dear and have fought so long to achieve.

Identify your target. Concentrate your fire on it to the exclusion of all
else. When it is destroyed choose another target. This is the way to secure
victory!

Do not strike until you are ready to crush the enemy utterly, and then
attack without mercy, destroy every vestige of resistance, leave no-one to
work against you.

A warroir's faith in his commander is his best armour and his strongest
weapon.

--this is a really good one for tags and sigs--
Though my gaurds may sleep and my ships may rest at anchor, our foes know
full well that big guns never tire.

If you are strong feign weakness. If weak pretend strength. Whatever your
position conceal it from the enemy, and he will waste his armies fighting
his own phantoms.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may
truly judge what is sane.

Victory goes to he who rolls the most dice.

*--i have some ascii for this, come to think of it I have ascii for
everything!--*
Another day nearer the battle,
So drink up my lads and look brave.
'Cause another day nearer the battle,
Is another day nearer the grave.
          _______ (
        .'=======`.
    _ | RIP | _
 __|_|__| |_______|_|___
        | |
______\\| __\\/ __|//_______\|//

The more i learn about these aliens, the more i come to understand what
drives them, the more i hate them. I hate them for what they are and for
what they may one day become. I hate them not because they hate us but
because they are incapable of good, honest, human hatred.

There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not
fight by your side is an enemy who must be crushed.

Against the great enemy the Eldar have no hope of victory. They hang on to
existence, yet their grip upon the universe is slipping, their hold becomes
more precarious with every passing year.

--(this indicates that GW orks are green)--
The green tide of orkdom is upon us and we are alone. There can be no
mercy. No surrender. If we survive this day it will be a miracle.

I am not asking for blood. I can take your blood. I am asking for souls.
Only you can give me your souls.

The strong are strongest alone.

Only in your deepest self is the truth of what you can be, and, without a
doubt, that truth is terrible to bear.

--i like this one--
I don't have time to die - I'm too busy!

Of creatures most foul I beheld the lord of all and knew that i was dead.

 ____ ____
|___ | | ___|
  / / \ \
 / / \ \
 | | | |
 \ \_______/ /
  \_________/

The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a
prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the
inevitability of it's own doom.

Do not ask which creature screams in the night,
Do not question who waits for you in the shadow.
It is my cry that wakes you in the night,
And my body that crouches in the shadow.
I am Tzeentch and you are the puppet
That dances to my tune.
--(good one for u col...your chaos aren't u?)

Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who
understand realise that you have no right to let them live!

Of all the races in the universe the Squats have the longest memories and
the shortest tempers. They are uncouth, unpredictably violent, and
frequently drunk. Overall, I'm glad they're on our side!

The path of the warlock wends upon the past, present and future. His mind
is free of the constraints of time, and his destiny and promise are merged
into a single state or being.

Orkses is never defeated in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die, so
it don't count as defeat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can
come back for anuvver go, see!
        Commonly held ork view of warfare.

An empty is like unto a freshly turned sod: if not sown with the seeds of
love, duty and honour, the insidious weeds of heresy will take root.

No army is big enough to conquer the galaxy. But faith alone can overturn
the universe.

Claims of inocense mean nothing: they serve only to prove a foolish lack of
caution.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

Men united in the purpose of the Emporer are blesses in his sight and shall
live forever in his memory.

Between the stars the ancient unseen enemies of mankind wait and hunger.
Every voyage into the nothing is a confrontation with horror, with the
implacable things of the warp, and with man's own innermost fear.

What is the terror of death
That we die our work incompleate.
What is the joy of life
To die knowing our task is done.

How can a man be happy if he cannot serve his lord with his whole heart?

Some from MtG:

"Although my official log will state there is no evidence pointing to the
existence of the Mistfolk, my certainty is lessened by the cursed
consistency of the expeditions eyewitness accounts."
Disa the Restless, journal entry

"As we followed the ice wall, we had the distinct feeling of being watched.
 Many of the party wanted to turn back."
Disa the restless, journal entry

"It is the third day of travel on the Yavimaya River, and still these
creatures plague us. Davin Lansson, our naturalist, has facetiously
labeled them 'gnats,' and the name has stuck."
Disa the Restless, journal entry

"Mammoths may be good to ride on, but they're certainly bad to fall off
of!"
Disa the Restless, journal entry

"The creature we fought in the western waste was doubly dangerous: mortally
wounded, it rebounded and attacked again."
Disa the Restless, journal entry

"The drawing of maps is fruitless in the west near the ice walls; the very
earth is formless."
Disa the Restless, journal entry

"The dryads told us to stay, as no new horrors would come when it was so
cold. Three of us left anyway. The rest believed their lies, and their
skeletons weren't found until the thaw."
Disa the Restless, journal entry

"They aren't the brightest or the quickest of Giants. For that matter, the
same holds true if you compare them to rocks."
Disa the Restless, journal entry

"They're a hardy bunch, but I'd still bet that they just slept through the
worst of the cold times."
Disa the restless, journal entry

 "This was quite possibly the least pleasant occurrence on the entire
expedition."
Disa the Restless, journal entry

"We encountered the Sentinels in the wastes, near no living thing. Their
purpose was inscrutable."
Disa the Restless, journal entry

 "We learned this at a dear price: once you cross the great river, get
through the Yavimaya forest at top speed."
Disa the Restless, journal entry

"It is the work of sorcery. Burn it!"
Taaveti of Kelsinko, Elvish Hunter

"Ouphes love trinkets and love to take them apart. I only wish they
wouldn't do so with the magical ones."
Taaveti of Kelsinko, Elvish Hunter

"To bring her down we must be on all sides at once�leave one avenue open
and we'll all be dead."
Taaveti of Kelsinko, Elvish Hunter

"We need not fear the forces of the air; I've yet to see a Spider without
appetite."
Taaveti of Kelsinko, Elvish Hunter

Abandon not your faith when others abandon you.

An end to reason, an end to order.
Forget all that has been.

Ashnod found few willing to trade their humanity for the power she offered
them.

Chub Toad, Chub Toad
At the door.
Run away quick
Or you'll run no more.
Traditional children's rhyme

 "Flittering, wheeling, | darting in to strike, and then |gone just as you
blink." "Dragonfly Haiku," poet unknown

 "It was in Urza's journals that I
finally found the secret at the core of
the summonings."
Journal, author unknown

Moving without sound, swift figures pass through branches and undergrowth
completely unhindered. One with the trees around them, the Dryads of the
Shanodin Forest are seen only when they wish to be."

Never underestimate the power of the soul unleashed.

Not all of Terisiare's flooding was natural�.

Not wind, but the breath of the
dead.

"O! call back yesterday, bid time return." �William Shakespeare, King
Richard the Second

One Auroch may feed a village, but a herd will flatten it.

Relics of the Order of the Ebon Hand, the bowl and dagger bespeak the
hideous cruelty of it's rituals.

Remove the guardians to ensure your
victory.

"Scholars still debate whether the Thallids were truly sentient."
Sarpadian Empires, vol. III

Some Krovikans find strength in the
ears and eyes of their victims and
wear such fetishes into battle.

They look human�until they bleed.

"Walls? What walls?"
Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"I strive for elegance and speed in my
work."
Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"Eenie, meenie, minie, moe�oh,
why not all of then?"
Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"Just the thing for those pesky water
mages."
Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"Yes I think 'toast' is an appropriate
description."
Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"If you'd been there, you would've
run from that deer, too!"
Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"Overkill? This isn't a game of
Kick-the-Ouphe!"
Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"Even the ground is our friend."
Kolbjorn, Elder Druid of the
Juniper Order

"Here in Fyndhorn, the goddess
Freyalise is generous to her children."
Kolbjorn, Elder Druid of the
Juniper Order

"Freyalise has cleansed our bodies and
minds of the plagues of Kjeldor; all she
asks in return is that we keep pure our
newly given home in Fyndhorn."
Kolbjorn, Elder Druid of the
Juniper Order

"The filthy towns of Kjeldor are no
place for anyone to live. Fyndhorn is
our home now."
Kolbjorn, Elder Druid of the
Juniper Order

Cool huh?

gtg. be back soon with some ascii sigs

curiosity killed the cat...but for a while i was a suspect.

benn
benn_at_...
jcowen_at_...