Re: [Epic] Maybe a dumb question, but ...

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 97 01:52:08 EDT

At 12:34 PM 10/16/97 +1000, you wrote:
>Theoretically, a Biovore carries a SHW, and the total of eight firing
>should only give two BM's if you consider them as a group. However,
>my erstwhile hypothetical opponent says that you take as many BM's as
>hit me, ie : any that roll 4+, which is gonna be about four per turn
>on average. Given that, on the first turn, a brood with eight
>Biovores and three Warriors (about 211 pts) can stop, then drive off
>ANY other non-bug detachment, making your 650 point Marine company
>effectively useless.
>
>Any thoughts on this ? Has anyone come up with a comprehensive
>answer to this little dilemna ? Having seen one detachment of Orks
>take FOURTEEN BM's one turn one of a game (not me), I'm thinkin' this
>may be taking things to extreme.
>
>Woofer

First of all, I'm assuming that you are more concerned with blast-markers
and their effect on movement. This assumption being made, my suggestion
is as follows:

Take small detachments in quantity. That way, he'll have to spead out
his fire, reducing the amount of stopping power he can really inflict
on you during a single turn. Of course, if he aims at one or two
detachments, they'll get hit badly, but the rest of your army will
still be around. Of course, if all he takes is tyranid warriors and
biovores, and just bombards the hell out you to win, I'd say he wasn't
really playing in the spirit of the Tyranid army. That's "stunty"
strategy, from what I know.

I hope I addressed your concerns.

Elias

"Understanding is a three edged sword."