[Epic] Maybe a dumb question, but ...

From: Woofer <ss52dlh_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 12:34:25 +1000

Hypothetical : A Tyranid brood consists of six Dactylis' and
eight Bivores. All fire at one of my detachments. The Dacs can
cover a total of fouteen of my stands with templates giving
two BM's. How many BM's do I take off the Biovores ?

Theoretically, a Biovore carries a SHW, and the total of eight firing
should only give two BM's if you consider them as a group. However,
my erstwhile hypothetical opponent says that you take as many BM's as
hit me, ie : any that roll 4+, which is gonna be about four per turn
on average. Given that, on the first turn, a brood with eight
Biovores and three Warriors (about 211 pts) can stop, then drive off
ANY other non-bug detachment, making your 650 point Marine company
effectively useless.

Any thoughts on this ? Has anyone come up with a comprehensive
answer to this little dilemna ? Having seen one detachment of Orks
take FOURTEEN BM's one turn one of a game (not me), I'm thinkin' this
may be taking things to extreme.

Woofer
This University does not condone the drinking of any alcohol to
excess. However, as a practicing Geology student, I will do my best
to reverse that policy.
"What's the story Mr Peterson ?"
"The Bobbsey twins go the brewery. Let's cut to the happy ending."