[Epic] Net Epic

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 13:33:04 +0000

Hello Guys!

I am very happy to see that the idea of combining Tony's and my idea
(actually more like using AT rules) has gotten very good approval, but
keep those opinions coming in!.

Perrins question on pinning collosi and dominatrixes what nicely
answered by Spatula(Thank you!!)so as you can see the system seems to
handle these problems well. The other concern regarding the system were
jetbikes on advance. this regards more the sticky subject of the
pinnning rules I wanted to leave this for a further topic, but I'll give
you my views as food for thought. Pinning was simpler before Titan
Legions and If we go back to those guidelines it will iron out the
inconsistencies.The rules were that a like class unit of model could pin
a model of it same class or inferior class(with respect to
movement),that is a land raider could pin a ork lungbusta or equivalent
class vehicle (same class) or could pin troop stands (lesser class), but
what changed with TL and caused all the headaches was that skimmers
couldn't be pinned at all. To fix it lets go back to the older rule that
a skimmer may pin a skimmer and that should take care of it.This still
may make skimmers on advance to deal with, but that is their strength
and it will be refreshing to see jet bikes used tactically in advance
instead of the usual headlong charge. Also remember if an eldar player
takes advantage of being in advance to avoid as much pinning as possible
he will also not be able to engage you in CC-get the hint!

Another topic I wished to leave for later, but needs some clarifying are
AA snap fire weapons.The concensus up to now is that all troops may snap
fire on first fire orders and that command units that snap fire lose
their movement for the turn. Also the opinions have express that present
day snap fire units should be different than regular snap fire. I
originally intended to clarify that point with flyers rules, as before
here are my thoughts.There will eventually be a flyers phase that will
be before the movement phase. The idea most expressed and liked is for
flyers to come in this phase strafe targets and leave, this approach
will have many advantages(more on that when its time comes).Now the only
units that may fire in this phase besides flyers are the AA units that
presently have that capability, all others may not fire back at flyers.
Units that do not use snap fire in the flyers phase may fire normally
later if they are able(hydras cannot shoot at land targets).This way
flyers will be a more potent force and AA units will have a unique role
in the game.

Regarding the rules about terrain effects on movement at this point the
only objection was tracked vehicles entering woods-remember the can olny
do it at 1/2 advance rate this means 12.5 for rhinos and 10 for land
raiders! In playtesting the penalty is so stiff it was usually not taken
only in extreme cases. Regarding units with special powers relating to
movement in woods(scorpions and gorgons) these will be updated in the
corrsponding army disscussion to accurately represent their abilities in
light of the changes we made(as will be everything). I understand it is
difficult to foresee the outcome of some changes, but believe me I am
always thinking ahead beyond the current topic of discussion to see
possible ares of conflict.

Special thanks to Seth for his kind remarks and as I said before thats
what I'm here for-Thanks!!

United we stand!
Peter