[Epic] Plays, Sprays and Complaints

From: Andy Meechan <a.meechan_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 97 10:09:12 gmt

     * Blocking Wreckage *
     It was the guys first game - it sounds like he was missing the point.
      Your first few games should be about learning how the game PLAYS, not
     about winning at all costs (and saying that OPTIONAL wreckage blocks
     movement is a pretty cheap shot - at best it would be 'difficult'
     terrain).

     When I'm teaching the game to friends I usually end up losing or
     drawing the game as I'm concentrating on rules and examples
     (sacrificing detachments for a practical example of combat, etc.).
     The other guy is quite happy if we start again half way through, so
     that he can have a better run at the rules in 'game' 2.

     I think he just panicked when he saw a wall of green rush at him - and
     who wouldn't? (Tyranids probably!)

     * Boltgun Metal Spray *
     Get Gorkamorka, build the vehicles, spray Black, spray Boltgun Metal,
     Play. That's about all I can think of really.

     * Goblin Green Spray *
     I'd rather buy green emulsion from a DIY store for doing terrain
     boards. One thought for very fast Epic painting was to spray the
     bases green, spray the blokes <insert favourite colour here> and then
     glue it all together.

     Alternatively, spray the bases green, spray the blokes white. Wash
     the blokes in <insert favourite colour here>, glue together and stick
     flock on. Takes a wee bit longer, but the effect is way better.

     * Berating GW *
     I don't think it's bad to say anything nice about GW, I'll publicly
     state that I like most of the games and figures. If you really hate
     them that much, why play? Because they produced something you like?
     Hmmm... I don't subscribe to hear bitching (or unwarranted praise),
     but for rules ideas, discussion and clarification.

     I'll finish my morning strop now I think

     -Andy-