Re: [Epic] Re:

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 07:42:49 -0500

Elias Tiliakos wrote:
> Well, the rules do say that once a unit is engaged, it can be "ignored".
Hmmm.. Well. I don't know.

> I'm not trying to rules lawyer this one, mind you, I'm just trying to
> play the game as I see it. In truth, I didn't explain the situation
> as clearly as I could have. He wanted the rhinos to block the bridge
> even if they were destroyed in the ensuing close combat. This is really
> what I have a problem with. He wanted to block the bridge for the rest
> of the game, not just that turn. Also, we had not been playing with
> "wreck" models for the entire game, and he created this pseudo-logical
> situation out of thin air.

OOohhh. Run 'em over. The Rhinos got cut up and kicked over the
side. Squish 'em. They were crumbled up so small they fell through
the cracks in the bridge. They're outta there. No realistic
justification, but I don't care--get rid of 'em. I think modelled
wrecks are purely decorative. (Though I think agreeing in advance
to make them stay there could be an interesting alternative.)

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...