Re: [Epic] Re:

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 97 18:14:45 EDT

At 11:35 AM 10/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Elias Tiliakos wrote:
>>
>> Ok, here's something that came up in a game I played a while ago. My

<snip>

>Was there room on the bridge for the Rhinos to go past? Maybe you
>should have talked about scale and such before the game, but I think
>I agree with him. I'd let boyz go past, if the Rhinos were already
>engaged, but if the bridge is intended to be as big relative to
>the models as it appears, and there is no way around the tanks
>in the way, then I don't see how you would get the battlewagons
>past.

Well, the rules do say that once a unit is engaged, it can be "ignored".
I'm not trying to rules lawyer this one, mind you, I'm just trying to
play the game as I see it. In truth, I didn't explain the situation
as clearly as I could have. He wanted the rhinos to block the bridge
even if they were destroyed in the ensuing close combat. This is really
what I have a problem with. He wanted to block the bridge for the rest
of the game, not just that turn. Also, we had not been playing with
"wreck" models for the entire game, and he created this pseudo-logical
situation out of thin air. If we had been playing with wrecks the entire
game, and had agreed that they could block movement, etc., BEFORE the
game had started, I wouldn't mind. But this was an introductory game,
for both of us, and I wanted to keep things as simple as possible without
creating new rules in the midst of the battle. Also, he hadn't read the
rules (though I lent them to him for several weeks prior to the battle)
quite thoroughly, so there were a lot of misunderstandings cropping up.
This was just the icing on the cake.

>Is there some other factor I'm missing? Why do you think the battle-
>wagons should be allowed to go past?
>
>andy
>
>--
>Andy Skinner