Re: [Epic] Questions..Questions...

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 15:41:01 -0500

Richard Bright wrote:

> At 07:49 AM 10/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >I think they're expensive, too. Buy 'em discount (www.discountgames.com
> >has 30% off, and shipping is free if your bill is over $100) or used
> >(Bartertown is at http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~darkwolf/trading.html).
>
> Although I've been on this list for a couple of months I've never seen the
> URL fro Discount Games before. Thanks for the info, I may start
> 'recruiting' again. The prices here in New Zealand are diabolical.
There shipping won't be so cheap to New Zealand, and I doubt it is free
for over $100 to there.

> Several people have been giving examples of the horrible prices GW charge
> in different countries. I suggest that we adopt a new system for comparing
> prices. The measure I nominate is the 330ml can of Coke (from a vending
> machine rather than a supermarket). It's global, standard (?) and
> presumably holds a similar *relative* value in each country.
>
> Eg, in New Zealand the THawk costs approximately 30 Cokes (C30) and a box
> of plastic infantry costs 20 Cokes (C20).

A Coke here (US) could be 35 cents in a vending maching in front of a
grocery store, but anywhere from 50 cents to $1, depending on how
captive you are. I'd guess 60 cents, which is the price in the machine
in our office. So a Thawk ($13.99) is 23.3 Cokes, an infantry box
($9.99)
is 16.65. If Cokes were 75 cents, they'd be 18.7 and 13.3,
respectively.
I think Cokes vary too much.

andy

--