Re: [Epic] Fliers

From: Neil R. Thomason <n.thomason_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 17:38:28 +0100 (BST)

>> The idea was that after the Horus Heresy, no Imperial army could have its
>> own interstellar transport, to limit the impact of rogue Imperia1 Guard
>> regiments or Marine Chapters.
>
>Actually, that is not the case.

Sorry; you're right. Only IG.

>>Since Imperial flyers are able to operate in
>> space, it's quite logical that they'd be under the authority of the Navy
>> too.
>
>Hmm? Does it actually state this anywhere? I know it does for the
>Eldar Nightwing, but I didn't think it was the case for the Imperial
>flyers... they look like they have airbreathing engines.

I'm not absolutely sure about the Marauder, but the Thunderbolt is
definitely capable of spaceflight. The working version of the new Space
Fleet game includes Thunderbolts in space. Also, in the EPIC 2nd Ed.
Tyranid book, there's a description of a huge squadron of Ultramarine
Thunderbolts (yes, yes; it disproves my earlier posting; look, I forgot,
alright?) attacking a Tyranid ship in space.

>>So I think it's quite deliberate that Marines aren't allowed their own
>> fighters; they're just not trusted.
>
>I'd have to disagree here

Um, so would I, now....

Cheers,