RE: [Epic] Deadly Eldar>Chaos!

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 97 14:28:00 EDT

At 12:12 PM 10/23/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>You know, it seems like I was commenting on all Greater Daemon detachments
>>and the horrors associated with them only yesterday... <sigh>
>>
>>:)
>>
>>Elias
>
>-----> Hey, as nasty as it might seem, the fact that they have no ranged
>firepower ought to cut down on their effectiveness somewhat. As for the
>spirit of the rules, well, in 2nd ed you would see 3-5 GD's typically.
>Granted, they were leaders, but they were also much harder to kill. If
>someone really wants to take a bunch of B-thirsters (or whatever), fine
>- are they really going to get their points worth out of them ? I doubt
>it. Has anyone tried this? How'd it work?
>
>Chris Miller

You know, the only real problem with this point is that THESE SUCKERS
HAVE A 25 CM MOVEMENT!!!! That means they can stay more than 45 cm
(which just happens to be the range of most long range weaponry) and
then assault whatever they want (50cm assault)! Plus, all GD's have
a save, as well as 6+ armor, and the Bloodthirsters and LOCs both
have skimmer... YIKES! is all I have to say. 30 points is too little
for you average GD, in my opinion.

Elias

"Understanding is a three edged sword."

                        -Kosh