Re: [Epic] Fliers

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 02:52:18 +0800

At 07:37 PM 10/22/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Praise the Emperor!
>
>Elias Tiliakos wrote:
>

>> Huh. For some reason, I thought that the Space Marine chapters all
>> had their own interstellar transport. I mean, look at the Rock (the Dark
>> Angels' fortress, for those who don't know). Don't they just fly that
>> thing from star system to star system, ala Death Star? Also, I seem to
>> recall some fluff about each chapter having its own ships. Of course,
>> I could be wrong.
>
>Could be, but are not. The Marine Chapters all have interstellar
>transport. A thousand Marines turning Traitor is a much smaller threat
>than a renegade IG army would be if it had interstellar transport.

You guys are most probably right. But I think there is more to that.

Can you imagine first having to tell that they have to cut down their
Legions to Chapters ("Sorry, guys. you are simply too large. And we do not
want another Heresy...).

And after that, "Sorry, guys. We gotta take your transport too " ;)

Besides it would really hamper their effectiveness as a rapid response
strike force.

Regards
Oki