Re: RE[Epic] Questions...Questions...Costs

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 12:13:12 -0700

Chris White wrote:

> >UK Aus$ 11.00
> >USA Aus$ 13.65
> >Aus Aus$ 17.95 (surprise, surprise)
> >NZ Aus$ 17.35

> I don't understand why there is a difference between NZ and Aus. prices.
> Considering the relative differences in distance account for the price
> variance, what gives?

Basically, it's the same price. The currencies fluctuate relative to one
another. A 5% price difference is neither here nor there.

The NZ stuff is actually manufactured in Australia, then sent over a
distance about equal to Canada->UK. NZ and Australia aren't that close
to one another, it's just that we're both stuck out at the a*s end of
the world, with only Antarctica for company.

As to why stuff manufactured in Oz should be 170% + of the price of
identical stuff manufactured in the UK, well, that's just GW. Bear in
mind that GW down here gives almost no support to Games Conventions,
there's no equivalent of a "Golden Daemon" comp or anything. Worse is
that Inquisitor minis do a Chaos Space Marine range that's both better
and a lot cheaper than GW, with recognisable Mk6 helms etc.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo