[Epic] old blisters, stuff

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:44:38 -0500

Hi. I was in a store with a small amount of Epic stuff in their
discount bin. I picked up a couple of things, mostly because it
is fun to get old blisters.

One was a Stompa (lead, I think) in a Titan blister. From what I've
heard about old blisters, and from the cracked plastic, I imagine
that there were probably some small bits in with the guy that have
since fallen out or been removed. (The plastic Stompas I've already
go look better, but at least he's a little different, and variety is
a good thing for Orks, of course.) Anybody know whether there used
to be something in the thing, so I can feel sorry for myself?
("Oh, yeah, Andy, that's too bad. That blister used to have an entire
Ork army in it, with all kinds of rare miniatures. Amazing how they
got all that in one blister. Tons of unique, hand-crafted units. The
blister always went for $500 at auctions, but only if everything was
there. The Stompa was just thrown in as an extra. Too bad that's the
only thing left." Sob.)

There was a Squat blimp. (Can't remember what it's called--Overlord?)
I got it just 'cause it looks neat. I really shouldn't have bought
this, even at half off. But if anyone is looking for one, let me know.

I also got a Tyranid Hierodule, figuring I could probably find someone
who could use it. I wanted to see what the thing actually looks like--
the pictures of it have always been hard for me to understand. Anybody
want it for $12? I opened the box to see how it fits together.

I didn't get any Eldar Firestorms (they had a couple more blisters),
and there was a blister of metal Rhinos, but I couldn't justify that
with the herd of plastic ones I've got.

andy

--
Andy Skinner