Re: [Epic] Oh! The Woes of Confusing Manuals

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:51:06 -0500

Donald Nguyen wrote:

> Regarding how many Greater Daemons in a Pack
> Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>:
> >I think it is - looking at the detachment it seems like
> >the author might have meant each GD to be an entire 'pack' (where
> >the detachment allows up to 5 daemon packs) but worded it badly.
> >Thus, you could have up to 5 GDs per det., or 25 lessers, or 15
> >lessers and 2 GDs, etc. IMHO.
>
> 1) I was just wondering if anyone had any justification on the rule,
> "One Greater Daemon per pack (1-5 daemons)"

        Not really (hence the IMHO). But if you look at the daemon
detachment listing, the GDs are listed differently than the lesser
daemons.

> so I can convince
> a Chaos Player from buying 25 Bloodthirsters a Detachment.

        Is there someone actually trying to do this? Make him
play WYSIWYG if it's a problem.

> 2) Also, another question regarding the Army list: When it reads
> "1 Detachment HQ (See notes) ....... +25 points
> Up to one Chaos Lord ................ 25 points"
>
> Do you add 25 points to the cost of the Chaos Lord, when you pick him
> as Detachment HQ, or is the price included in the cost of the Chaos
> Lord?

        You add the 25 points. The only time it's included in the
price of the commander is if there's no +25 points option (like in
the Ork infantry list).

> 3) When picking a War Engine's weapons can you choose a weapon more than
> once?

        Yep.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"They lie, and we have to be merciful to those who lie..."