[Epic] Blast Markers (was: after a game)

From: Andy Meechan <a.meechan_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 97 19:16:15 gmt

> Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...> wrote:
>
> > That does it--I really get the impression that the dice roll for
> > removing blast markers varies too much. I know that it gets harder
> > to remove all blast markers as you have more of them, but it still
> > seems to be spread too wide. I think we may play with removing the
> > lowest of two dice, rather than 1d6-1. That way you always remove
> > 1, and can remove 6, but you tend to remove lower numbers.

     I would advise against the 'rolling two dice' method as every time you
     roll a 6 on one dice, you'll be sure to roll a 1 on the other :P

     I'd rather take my chances on removing 5 on a roll of a 6 than a
     guaranteed 1 - and my friends would probably agree after seeing how
     many BMs concentrated Firepower from several detachments can deliver!

     -Andy-

     p.s. Bigger games are more fun than intros! I wouldn't have bought
     the game based on thee in-shop demo. Difficult game to demo though.