Re: [Epic] Wave Serpents

From: Neil R. Thomason <n.thomason_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 17:49:22 GMT

>> I'd say for movement and the ability to avoid pinning,
>>they're skimmers,
>

>Actually, the rules are quite specific that they are not...

Yes, yes....

A lot of people seem to have jumped on my suggestion that Wave Serpents are
skimmers. I know perfectly well what the rules say. However, they don't
specifically say 'The Wave Serpent is NOT a skimmer'. What I'm suggesting
is that GW made an error of omission, and that, for movement and pinning,
they should be treated as skimmers. Obviously, no pop-up attacks, though.

Remember, in the 'Renegades' book, there's a picture showing Wave Serpents
flying quite high, well out of the reach of ground troops.

To extrapolate, I'd say all Eldar vehicles are skimmers, apart from walkers.
All skimmers with their own engine, could, IN MY OPINION, qualify for the
'can't be pinned' rule. Support platforms, merely being pushed by their
crew, aren't quite the same.

NRT

Squad Helps Dog Bite Victim