Sv: [Epic] New Support Weapons

From: Jon Nielsen <jon_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 10:31:43 +0100

 John Chapman <john_at_...> wrote:
> Are these rules official or are they optional ???
> In relation to another thread - the Great Harlequins on Vypers - no
> i would not take one. But if you want to see a loss in value - compare
> Librarians to Farseers. The Librarian kicks the farseers butt in assault
and
> armour , range and special abilities (but lose out in FP - while not on
OW and
> move). Overall Id guess the librarian is a bit better - but costs 15
poitns less. Is this solely to give the marines a bit of a points break
because the
> librarian is their only psyker? As is I rarely take farseers because they
dont
> seem to be worth it........
> opinions anyone?
> JAC

You have made a mistake.
Farseers cost 50 pt., and Libraians 35, but if you include
the Farseer as your supreme commander, he still costs 50 pt.
A Librainan costs 35, but is not a commander (for a total of
60 pt he can be an HQ unit but gains no advantages)
The point is, only purcase Farseers as Supreme commanders, here
you get your points worth.
Note that a Marine supreme commander costs 50 pt but is not
a psyker, unless you take an Ordo Mal. Inq. at a price of 60 pt. *)
This means that farseers are ok, as commanders, amd the cool part:
You can still have the Avatar (The Eldar can have two command
detachments!!!!!!!)

Jon "The Psyker" Nielsen
jon_at_...

This is Lameth, The Dark Messiah, signing off