Re: [Epic] Justice (well off topic)

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 97 02:28:21 EST

At 01:09 AM 11/1/97 -0000, you wrote:

First of all, I would like to say that this is _not_ the "Everybody
go fuck yourselves because we all hate each other for petty reasons"
list. This is the Space Marine mailing list. I really don't want
this list to degenerate into mindless accusations and stupid politically
based hate remarks. There's enough hate in the world, and I think
we have achieved a civility on this list that will hopefully remain.
With that in mind, here's my response:

>At least in the UK your innocent until proven guilty!!

As opposed to where? The US? Do the British hate US citizens that much?
And is this remark directed toward the British au pair trial taking place
in the US right now?

>And the accusers dont get a special TV show to tell their one-sided version
>of events!!

What are you talking about?

>The Americans claim to have a fair legal system but your dont see the
>accused on the Jay Leno or David Letterman Show!!

Why the hell should the accused go onto those shows, whose purpose is
ENTERTAINMENT?

>I assume when you mean Irish you are talking about the murdering bastards
>from the IRA who claim to be fighting a war??

No comment about the one sided view YOU are presenting.

>How about getting all the IRA and meeting with the British Army on a very
>big battlefield and see who comes off the worse??
>
>The IRA would never meet the British Army face to face cos they are nothing
>but chicken shit cowardly bastards who maim and kill innocent civilians!!

No comment about the British Army occupying Northern Ireland.

>Harlequin Master

Try to figure out what my sig means, if you don't know already.

No offense, but every country has its faults, Britain included.

I wonder if you used that sig to spur this type of debate. If so,
I congradulate you on a job well done. I just don't understand why
you would use such a politically motivated and probably offensive
(to some poeple, at least) phrase on a list that operates without
any political intent WHATSOEVER.

I tried to keep this post as unpolitical as possible. I hope I
succeeded.

I apologize if I offended anyone. That was not my intention.

Elias

"Understanding is a three edged sword."

                        -Kosh