Re: [Epic] [Almost-Epic] Codices

From: <HornedRat_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 16:32:34 -0500 (EST)

<< Are slann going to come out ever?
 (If you haven't heard of them in the 40k universe, read the book "Space
 Marine" by Ian Watson)

 Also Squats?>>

Slann...no, I seriously doubt it. GW's moving away from the "animal-men"
thing a lot in 40k, and, I think, trying not to have any new armies that are
just WHFB stuff in space. The old 40k slann are just frogmen, and even if
they still exist in the 41st millenium (which they could, with all the toxins
and pollutants in the Imperium, a planet or two could have the Teenage Mutant
Ninja Turtle thing goin' on) they'd be a very rare mutation, living on,
probably, a single planet. And the Squats....well, I think they're
struggling with the fact that no one wants to sculpt them, and they have no
racial flavour, in the old 40k books they were portrayed as another part of
the Imperium, and, although more seperate than Ogryns or Ratlings, still
pretty much part of the IG.

HornedRat