Re: [Epic] [Almost-Epic] Codices

From: Matthew Weyna <burb96_at_...>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 16:21:05 -0600

HornedRat_at_... wrote:

> << Are slann going to come out ever?
> (If you haven't heard of them in the 40k universe, read the book "Space
> Marine" by Ian Watson)
>
> Also Squats?>>
>
> Slann...no, I seriously doubt it. GW's moving away from the "animal-men"
> thing a lot in 40k, and, I think, trying not to have any new armies that are
> just WHFB stuff in space. The old 40k slann are just frogmen, and even if
> they still exist in the 41st millenium (which they could, with all the toxins
> and pollutants in the Imperium, a planet or two could have the Teenage Mutant
> Ninja Turtle thing goin' on) they'd be a very rare mutation, living on,
> probably, a single planet. And the Squats....well, I think they're
> struggling with the fact that no one wants to sculpt them, and they have no
> racial flavour, in the old 40k books they were portrayed as another part of
> the Imperium, and, although more seperate than Ogryns or Ratlings, still
> pretty much part of the IG.
>
> HornedRat

 Actually no. If you look at Rouge Trader, it has a rather large section
dedicated to the Slann. The were a primative, nomadic race of frog men
who were based on the agri or death worlds. I had a rather nice little
army of them before they all of a suden ceased to exist....

 matthew Weyna

 P.S. Mike, if your mail is working...I dont think you got the message
earlirer, Im free this Sunday if you are, and I can play any size you
like.