Re: [Epic] Flak Advice...

From: Matthew Weyna <burb96_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 20:58:25 -0600

Matthew Weyna wrote:

> Chris Salvato wrote:
> >
> > I'm going to be playing e40k tonight, against a player who *loves* his
> > Thunderhawks. With each bearing 8 fp and an armor of 6, i usually have
> > trouble taking them on with Fighta-Bommas. Thus, naturally, I want to look
> > toward Flak units. However, the effective use of Flak has eluded me so far.
> > Has anybody out there got any advice on effective uses of Flak, namely Ork
> > Flakwagons? The idea that they need to be on Special Orders really seems
> > to reduce their effectiveness. Is there some aspect of this that I'm missing?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Chris
>
> Well, Mike, Ill take this one. They DIE a horendous death when not
> against any Arpower. That 2 FP isnt really squat when you have a save of
> 4 or 5 against a squad of Land Raiders. Seeing as how most SM vehicles
> have a save of 5 or 6 it only helps marginally. I.E. Cheeze killers. And
> just wait Mike, the Air Power is not given up on, just thinkin of
> tweeking it....
>
> Matthew Weyna
  This is for the Lingo-impared.
 Well, Mike Looney, I will handle this post. Flak units die a rather bad
death when they are not shooting at a airplane. The two firepower that
you get from the flak unit is not worth anything when you have a save
(target number) of four or five against a squad of Imperial Space Marine
Land Raiders. Understanding that most Imperial Space Marine vehicles
have a save (Armor Value) of five or six it, the two firepower, only
helps a small amount. In Example pathetic little troops designed to
protect your better troops killers. And wait for a time Mike Looney, my
Air Power has not been forgotten about, just planning on making some
changes.

 Sorry guys. I must remember that we all are not from Oklahoma. I admit
that I flaunt the local lingo rather badly. Hope this helps....even
though it wasnt that bad...:-p

 Matthew Weyna