Re: [Epic] Epic (square) bases

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 14:34:55 -0500

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> > Uh, "a couple of beastmen companies"?!? Where the heck did
> > you get so many beastmen? I'm still 10 stands-worth short of *one*
> > company.
>
> It's not that hard. Beastman warbands suck, so most chaos
> players were drowning in extra beastmen.

        I guess if you went crazy and bought a ton of the plastic
infantry boxes... you only got 5 stands of Beastmen per box. I've
only got 2 10-stand detachments, and the 2nd one was only possible
because I bought a few IG infantry boxes (which come with 3 stands
of beastmen each).

        Did people really go out and buy 6 or more infantry boxes
for their SM/TL armies? And if so, why? I can't really think of
any army that needed more than 4 boxes to field at least one of
every detachment.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"You can't throw me to the lions! I'm Charlton Heston!" - Lard