Re: [Epic] Sealing in cold conditions

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 13:32:38 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Bayani R Caes wrote:

> After sealing a pair of warlords in the slightly nippy November
> Pittsburgh air, I noticed a couple of spots where the miniature looked
> "frosted," like a car windshield in the winter. It also looks like the
> sealer took on a consistancy like pine sap and oozed down to collect in
> a small blob at the bases of weapons, bottoms of banner poles, etc.
>
> Is this normal behavior for sealer in cold conditions? Is there a way
> to reproduce this effect without say, sealing a miniature and stuffing
> it into the freezer? It looks like a bit of drybrushed silver, but I
> can't be sure.
>
> -BC

you want to reproduce this effect ?!??!

were you using testors spray flat, or some other flat finish?

some sprays get very picky on what temp you spray-- 65 degrees F or less
will cause "spots" or a "frosted" look to them. high humidity will also
cause this.

I have using artists flat sealers to protect the minis, Liquitex Matt
acrylic or Windsor+ Newton Varnishes.

**
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of
Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking
becomes a warning, it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

mike
**