Re: [Epic] Battle Report

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 03:22:22 -0500

> To the ork players out there ... How do you deal with Imperial Armies ??? I suggested to Al that he should base his army around Gargants. What do you think.

that gargants help the Orks out quite a bit as long as you keep them
with your army rather than out on their own. An infantry-oriented army
will also work well, since having mostly 3+ and 4+ armor neutralizes the
advantages of AT shots and overwatch which are key to marine
effectiveness. Take plenty of fighta-bommas. Big Gunz and Pulsa
Rokkits are good if you take care in deploying them and make sure the
marines have other priorities (like Gargants) while your moving up your
arty.

1000 points is definitely a small battle to really ask for balance.
Play him at 3000 points and it will be much more interesting.

Regards,

- Erik