Sv: [Epic] Battle Report

From: Jon Nielsen <jon_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 11:05:40 +0100

> Ok, so what do us humble orks do against marines ?
> I have tried everything. I do not consider myself a bad player, and have
about 15 yrs experience with tabletopping in all forms but no matter what I
try I get creamed by AT. I hate LandRaiders, I mean get real 2 AT shots
that ignore armour and cover, match anything in my armie for range, pick
off targets of choice, and reroll misses on overwatch coupled with 6
armour, resonable speed and transport capabilitie for 35 pts !! And to
match it I get a Death Ray Speedsta with same speed, no transport, 1 shot
that ignores armour and cover, shorter range and a big bullseye painted on
it saying please toast me !! all for 38pts. Or if you prefer it could be
toasted by a 14pt AT support platform. The AT part I can live with what
makes it an abomination to me is the 'pick out target of choice SHW rule '
which makes my vanilla speedstas (16pt ones without SHW) , which where
brought specifically to soak up 6's without losing my LiftaDroppas or
DeathRays about as effective as a grot on a pus!
> hbike.
> Chris simply picks off my Speedsta's, Stompas, or Psykers and sits back
in relative comfort (not getting at Chris, I'd do the same if rolls where
reversed).
> This might sound like a moan session but it is not, I'm just really
frustrated with my greenskins ( eagerly awaiting my Squats, just for a
change of pace ) , and would really appreciate any comments or suggestions.
> Cheers
> Alun
> gallie_at_...
> Beware the Silent Dog ......

 I agree with Eric, by lots an' lots of infantry and bikes and overwhelm
him.
Have some Pulsa Rokkitz standing at the back, and include some
Mega Cannon if you can. Get a lot of BM's on the LR's, then they can't
shoot.
Remember that infantry are just fine for adding BM's to the LR's, even
though
they might not take any of them out.
If you have any artillery, put them on special orders. That means they get
add BM's to the LR's before they have a chance to shoot, and just maby,
they won't be allowed to move as well...

Use several small detachments of flyers, they get to add more BM's this
way.

Remember, that if LR's don't have anything of value to shoot at, they're
not
worth the points the cost.

Final note: When you assault or firefight the LR's, use fast bikes to move
behind them. If they loose (they should loose, 'cause you outnumber
them 3-1), they can't retreat, and they're all dead!

Death to those pesky Marines!

Jon "The Psyker" Nielsen
jon_at_...

This is Lameth, The Dark Messiah, signing off