[Epic] LOTS OF BOXES & SQUARE BASES

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 13:25:12 +0100

On 4 Nov 97 at 14:40, SHODAN+_at_... wrote:

> Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...> writes:
> > Did people really go out and buy 6 or more infantry boxes
> > for their SM/TL armies? And if so, why? I can't really think of
> > any army that needed more than 4 boxes to field at least one of
> > every detachment.
>
> I liked trolls. :( And Chaos was one of the good armies, so buying
> lots of the plastic was worthwhile, as it got you roughly the right
> amount of everything, unlike my 8 Eldar boxes. (I think I got once
> each of the old double-sized ones for Eldar and Chaos, which helped a
> lot)
>
> Mark
I bought 6 or 8 boxes of ork invasion sprues plus three SM boxes
worth of Ork horde plus a couple more hordes.
Main reason for all the invasions was to get lots of bikes, ie 6
boxes only equaled three units of Nobz Warbikes! Now have 15 bike
stands and 60 warbuggies painted up. Also wanted lots of Boarboyz,
have 15 stands of those painted as well.(stands = 2 bikes a piece as
in old SM/TL).
Somebody in another messages was talking about old stands being
outlawed, according to Derby, Sheffield and Portsmouth stores the old
stand ARE STILL VALID. The way they explained it to me was the old
stands had disadvantges as well as advantages against new stands
which balanced out. Ie old style more vulnerable to barrages but
more maneuveourable, etc.
They were however more unsure about bikes as they are now 3 bikes a
stand but still allowed to use mine in a couple of games including
Shefield (Meadowhall)and Derby stores

       *** THE COOKIE MONSTER RETURNS ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black