Re: [Epic] Epic (square) bases

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 17:06:37 -0500 (EST)

"Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister" <colen_at_...> writes:
> Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly:
> >Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...> writes:
> at
> >>
> >> Uh, "a couple of beastmen companies"?!? Where the heck did
> >> you get so many beastmen? I'm still 10 stands-worth short of *one*
> >> company.
> >
> > It's not that hard. Beastman warbands suck, so most chaos
> >players were drowning in extra beastmen.
>
> Er, no? I found in 2nd edition (which I assume is what we were talking
> about) that a few Beastchap squads in Rhinos could 'do' Gargants, titans
> etc. big time. Indeed, in my first game against the Eldar, I totalled 3
> titans (1 warlock, 2 revenant) in the first turn with a Beastchap squad
> in rhinos and an Imperial Guard Artillery Company.

<shrug> I guess they might be slightly more cost effective, but Chaos
Marines fit nicely into one detachment of rhinos, while you'd have to
spend two minion cards on buying Rhinos for Beastmen. You had the
added bonus of being able to play the spiffy chaos rewards if you took
the marines in company strength. If you're going to be on foot, then
you might as well be using Minotaurs.

If you're IG, then the concept of a "detachment" when a company sized
unit was available should be unfamiliar to you. :)

Mark