Re: [Epic] My first attempt at an Epic army.

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 00:05:37 PST

Tu as �crit :

>Hello:
> Ok, after sitting down with my army book in
>hand I've been able to put
>together what passes for an army with the
>miniatures I've got. Feel
>free to suggest changes or modifications.
>
>Detachment 1:
>Space Marine Infantry Detachment
>Psycher: mounted in Rhino 42 points
>Captain: mounted in Rhino (HQ) 57 points
>
>Main Force: Support:
>----------- --------
>Space Marine Squad in Rhino 37 Land Speeder Squadron (2 Units) 40
>Space Marine Squad in Rhino 37 Space Marine Dreadnaught 27
>Devestator Squad in Rhino 47 Space
>Marine Dreadnaught 27
>Devestator Squad in Rhino 47 Space
>Marine Dreadnaught 27
>Assault Squad in Rhino 41 Space
>Marine Dreadnaught 27
>Assault Sqaud in Rhino 41
>
>Total Points: 497

Oups! Beaucoup trop gros! This is too big for a detachment. Let me
explain my point of view :
     - 12 infantry units + a lot of vehicles : you
will have a lot of trouble when you want to hide
the detachment behind a cover or when you want to
move it...
     - Dreadnoughts will slow down the rest of the
detachment (15cm against 30cm for the rhinos)
     - Devastators vs Assault Marines : in
Overwatch your Assault Marines won't be very useful
(only against enemy assault), in Assault your
Devastator units won't be very useful too...

I think you should use 200 to 300 points
detachments. Big detachments don't work very well.
Split this detachment in two detachments : one with
the devastator squads (+ Dreadnoughts), one with
assault squads (+ Vindicators and Librarian).

>Detachment 2:
>Space Marine Armor Detachment:
>
>Captain: In Land Raider (HQ) 85
>
>Main Force Support
>========== =======
>Land Raider Squadron (1) 35 Land Speeder
>Squadron (2) 40
>Land Raider Squadron (1) 35 Terminator Squad
>mounted in Land Raider 54
>Land Raider Squadron (1) 35 Terminator Squad
>mounted in Land Raider 54
>Whirlwind Squadron (3) 78
>Whirlwind Squadron (3) 78
>Space Marine Bike Sqaud (3) 30
>Space Marine Bike Sqaud (3) 30
>
>Total Points: 554

Once again too big.

>Detachment 3:
>Space Marine Flyer Detachment
>Commander: HQ unit +25
>
>Main Force
>===========
>1 Thunderhawk Gunship 88
>
>Total Points: 113

Thunderhawk is only 80 points.

>Force 4:
>Space Marine Infantry:
>
>Main Force:
>===========
>Space Marine Sqaud (HQ =25) 55
>Space Marine Squad 30
>Space Marine Squad 30:
>
>Total: 115

Why don't you take a Psyker (bonus in close assault
and firefight)?

>Force 4:
>War Engine Detachment
>Main Force
>===========
>1 Warlord Titan 555
>Total: 555

What are its weapons?

>Total Army Cost: 1834
>
> What do you guys think?
>--
>Later,
>Mark A. Siefert
>
> "Well Mike, I guess it's just a magical land. I HATE MAGICAL
>LANDS!"
>
> --Crow T. Robot
> MST3K, "Jack Frost"
>
>E-MAIL: cthulhu_at_... WWW:
http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 11/05/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/