Re: [Epic] What about old Eldar minis?

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 08:24:55 -0500

Neil R. Thomason wrote:

> > A local hobby shop in my area sell the old Epic "Eldar Warhost" boxed
> >set conaining several plastic Falcons (old version) and Guardians. I
> >trust that these are still usable for Epic 40K?
>
> No, you can't use the Falcons - Gw won't let you ;)
>
> The troops sprues are _very_ useful, since the new sprue apparently doesn't
> include support platform crew.
>
> Having said that, there are a few figures on the old sprue that were little
> use in any version of the game - standard bearers and heavy weaponers,
> particularly (yes, I know they're usable; I just mean they never had a
> specific role - I mainly used them as support platform crew, converted a
> little).

Isn't Mark asking about the other box--just old falcons and old
Guardians, as came in the original Space Marine box? The guardians
for that are little midgets, but they are certainly useful. If you
are just getting into the game, you don't have as many of the plastic
falcons that many of us have, and I'm glad to have some. I've got
one blister of new falcons, and although they look lots better than
the old ones, I don't think I'll buy any more.

You can always use the falcons in Full Thrust. :-)

Haven't there been three kinds of guardians--the original pixie-sized
ones that were in Space Marine, some IG trooper-sized ones from the
box of mixed troops, and the new one with some heft on 'em now?

If you mean the box with jetbikes (one box was called "Eldar Legion",
the other "Eldar Warhost", and I don't remember which was which, but
I thought the warhost was the one with bikes), I think it is definitely
worth getting, just for variety, bikes, support weapons, various pieces.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...