Re: [Epic] SM/TL stuff

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 09:39:32 -0500

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> Miller, Chris wrote:
>
> > ------> What, you haven't run into the "IG Traitors" Cheesehead before?
> >
> > "It's all the goodness (badness?) of Chaos, now with the artillery power
> > of the Imperial Guard!"
> >
> > Net result is the same old close assault monsters advancing under cover
> > of a major arty barrage.
>
> Actually there WAS a way of doing this with a purely Chaos army too. Not
> Cannon of Khorne, but Warhounds. For 1000 pts, you get 8 barrages a turn
> with a range of 100 cm, with a good save modifier and decent chance to
> hit.

        Good save modifier? MRLs (the only barrage weapons that
warhounds could take) had a save mod of 0 (you did get 8 BPs tho).
I always thought it was a shame that there was no titan barrage
weapon with a decent save mod...

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"You can't throw me to the lions! I'm Charlton Heston!" - Lard