Re: [Epic] SM/TL stuff

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 12:17:30 -0500 (EST)

Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...> writes:
> Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:
> >
> > Miller, Chris wrote:
> >
> > > ------> What, you haven't run into the "IG Traitors" Cheesehead before?

> > > Net result is the same old close assault monsters advancing under cover
> > > of a major arty barrage.
> >
> > Actually there WAS a way of doing this with a purely Chaos army too. Not
> > Cannon of Khorne, but Warhounds. For 1000 pts, you get 8 barrages a turn
> > with a range of 100 cm, with a good save modifier and decent chance to
> > hit.
>
> Good save modifier? MRLs (the only barrage weapons that
> warhounds could take) had a save mod of 0 (you did get 8 BPs tho).
> I always thought it was a shame that there was no titan barrage
> weapon with a decent save mod...

        There was, but it was too cheesy to outfit on a regular basis,
and only went on carapace mounts. The Barrage Missile one-shot. :(
It sure made an MRL look silly. Same to-hit?, -2 Save mod instead of
0, and shot d6+1 times (linked templates) on the first turn instead of
once per turn, which amounted to 1-3, depending on how long your Titan
lived. *And* you could walk your fire back onto your target with the
multiple templates after scattering off... I remember reading about
horror stories of entire ork clans breaking under one of these. I
always felt the Pulsar complaints were a bit silly after seeing all
the Imperial weaponry. (Squats and Orks, OTOH, still didn't have
enough individual firepower to match it. They just fielded slightly
less shooty units that would live through it, or inexpensive shooty
units that didn't care if one or two died...)

Mark