[Epic] Squat 40 K lists

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 10:24:23 +0930

Greetings all,

I am working on ideas for rules for the Squats in Epic 40K.=
 I have the stats out of the journal and an alternative set off the web, bu=
t feel each has areas of inconsistency ( in journal inability to use bikes =
as a main force so you cann't have a Guild Bike unit , whats the point in h=
aving them in support if they are slowed down by the ground troop speed or =
you have to put the ground troops in rhinos thereby decreasing the number o=
f bikes you can have )so want to rebuild a conglomeration from the ground u=
p. I will do it a couple of troop types at a time and would appreciate any =
comments and feedback.

Squat Warriors S R FP As Ar =
  Notes Points
(Journal) 10 30 1 2 4+ =
                    9
                           ( with upgrade to Veteran =
( Stubborn ) 2 pts )

(Web) 10 30 1 1 4+=
  Stubborn 10

A loss of 1 assualt, gains stubborn, cost 1 pt more. J=
ournal version is same as
an Ork Boy.
Personal views:- I feel the option o=
f upgrade is not good as with limited figure types it is hard to differenti=
ate between veteran/ non-veteran units and leads to confusion on who is stu=
bborn and who isn't and " I " feel that the characteristic Stubborn ties in=
 with all the fluff I've read on dwarfs/squats ( although I freely admit my=
 knowledge of 40K universe is limited ). I think move and range is about ri=
ght ( I know squats are slow but their endurance will make up for it in mov=
ement and I feel they don't deserve a movement of 5cm and anything inbetwee=
n would be getting stupid and overly complicating things. Possibly an incre=
ase in Assault to 2 ? (Hard and Tenacious fighters ) with a coressponding p=
oint increase buy 1.
Proposal
Squat Warrior S R FP As Ar =
  Special Pts
                        10 30 1 2 4+ S=
tubborn 11
I believe there is a formula out their somewhere for convers=
ions, if so could someone post a copy.
Comments please ?
Cheers
Alun