Re: [Epic] The ultimate goal of this game

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 01:07:49 +0100 (MET)

At 02:41 AM 8/11/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Subject:
> The ultimate goal of the game!
> Date:
> Thu, 6 Nov 1997 04:21:56 +0100
> From:
> "Gianluigi Basenghi" <gbasenghi_at_...>
> To:
> <space-marine_at_...>
>

>Its sad that onceagain the rules are such that you HAVE to rely on your
>opponents integrity.
>Id like to see a set where my opponent could pick ANY combination of
>units and I'd feel happy to face them (and I could do likewise and he'd
>feel comfortable
>in return).
>
>That's true:
>It would be the best game in the word when this will happen (Think why
>so many peoples play chess)!
>(Back on earth:) the problem is that Epic is probabilly too complex to
>be made completely Cheese-Free:

<snip bit about scenarios>

>PS: this discussion is opened to all of us, so, if anybody has something
>to add, then welcome!

I've said it before, but I guess it is relevant here again...

If your oponent is prepared to resort to cheesy army selection it is really
an admission that s/he can't beat you with a reasonable army selection where
s/he might have to employ tactics...

Not many of my oponents are prepared to admit that they are tactical
incompetants hense we don't have much problem with cheesy army selection...

Agro