Re: [Epic] Squat 40K List

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 11:30:39 +0930

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
To: space-marine_at_... <space-marine@...>
Date: Monday, November 10, 1997 8:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Epic] Squat 40K List

>Alun Gallie wrote:
>>
>> Greetings all,
>> Further to my post yesterday regarding the differences between SM and
>> Squat support weapon stats. I have just visited J Michael Looney's
>> excellent Epic 41K site. ( Well done Mike ). However one thing puzzles
>> me.
>
>Well, I have not tweaked the Squats yet. The "Generic" support weapons
>will be replaced with the same ones as the Tech Guard, SM & IG have.
>
>> And yet these are all referring to the same weapons ( + Rapier ). I
>> personally like the tech gaurd variation and would like to include
>> these in my Squat lists as it gives an army with very limited figure
>> options a bit more choice. Do you mind Mike ?
>
>Not at all. The Squat pages are badly in need of a cosmetic "make over"
>and to be brought up to "full" Epic 41K status. I will add that to my
>to-do list with a "soon" flag.
>
>> Does anyone have suggested stats for the Rapier.
>Rapier 10 cm 15 cm 3 1 5+ Close Support <Alan Brain's
>version, used in E41K on the SM Infantry page>
>
>> Any comments regarding these inconsistencies ( I realise the Squat Lists
>> where transcibbed from the Journal )
>
>I have a real job and something that passes for a life beyond Epic :-)
>

>--
>Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed. P. Opus
>--
>Geek code: GAT d-- s:-- a C+++ UL++ P+ L++ !E- W+++ N++ o K++ w+++ !o
>!M-- !V-- PS+ PE++ Y+ PGP t++ 5+ X R+++ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D G++ e+
>h---(*)
>r+++ y+++(**)
>http://www.spellbooksoftware.com

Mike, ( or do you prefer Michael )
Thanks for your comments, I hope you don't think I was having a go at you
about the inconsistencies, I, and I'm sure many others appreciate what you
have managed to find time to do. ( I have enough trouble finding time to
paint, let alone redevelop the rules ). I have just traded/brought quite
alot of Squat stuff so it is my little pet project at the moment that Chris
Pinson and I are working on, but we want to run everything past the List to
get comments and feedback before we adopt it. Would you like me to forward
any Squat suggestions to you to see if they would be suitable for inclusion
in a Squat 41K list ?
Thanks again
Alun