Re: Support Weapons (was Re: [Epic] Squat 40K List)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 01:29:28 -0500 (EST)

Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...> writes:
> and the loss of many Titan weapons and upgrades just sucks. The eldar got
> simple by changing the look of almost every vehicle they had
> (I like the "cheese wedge" and "steam iron" look of the old minis)

<!Sorry, gotta get a rant out of my system. I hope it doesn't sound
directed at any ML members.>

        It took me a while to figure it out, especially the deal with
the Falcons. I discovered that I don't really like the old Falcons,
after proclaiming that I preferred them to the new ones for a while.
Instead, I was just more familiar with the old ones. Now, I'm not
fond of either, but I'd rather have a mini that I'm ambivalent about
that came 12 to a box set with 120 guardians for $15 or less than a
mini I'm also ambivalent about that costs $8 for 4, or the command
Falcon that comes in the $15? command blister.

        Of course, the new line goes downhill from the Falcon, but
there's no need to point out the obvious here. (The obvious, of
course, is that they subcontracted out the design work to the Blood
Axes and concealed the rivets afterward.)

        After seeing the incarnations of the Warlord and Gargants, I
dread the re-relase of the Eldar Titans.

> This is what has hurt e40k- old players felt like their favorite army
> was screwed, and would not play the new game, period.

        Yeah, it's a new army with the same miniatures, unless you're
going to a con. If you think about it as 6mm WH40k instead of Epic
3rd edition, it's not so bad. It plays pretty well, especially for a
GW rules set.

> Now having these E41k army list changes gives me the best chance of having
> old SM players give the new rules a try.

        It was a big enough of a switch going to the E40k rules
though... Even with the new army lists, it's still such a different
game.

> I truely would like to thank all involved with the E41k- Its the best Hope
> for this epic system
>
> I _want_ Mole Mortars to be different from Rapiers.

Me too! :) Seriously. I just don't intend to use them in every
game. E40k is nice in its ability to finish a battle in a shorter
period of time than the old version, though part of that is due to
smaller forces...

Thanks for the patience,
Mark