Re: [Epic] re: Support Weapons (long)

From: Gianluigi Basenghi <gbasenghi_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 18:36:50 +0100

Andy Meechan wrote:

> <disclaimer>
>
> Squats are not included simply because they're not in Wh40k... yet.
> There's no point in sticking something in whenchanges are 'in the
>
> pipeline'

This is not true: You get a complete Squat army list in the WH40K Box
and this let we squat players hope that one day we should have seen a
codex for our own (I Bought my 40k army for the 2� edition game).Then
Epic40k came out, after too much useless codices released, and, when we
felt it was time for our revenge... here we are, totally screwed, no
word of us...!
I'm tired to wait, and I feel that we would never see Squats any more
(Dwarves are one of the main race in warhammer world, so, why delay them
for so much years?
Don't tell me the Squat Army had no personality in the old SM/TL, nor
that Sister of battle is a codex worthier publishing!) \_ _/
<< Very big Rant !!! >> (# #)
                                                               ^^^^^^^^

> .. you still have 2nd Edition, you can still play it, you
> can still convince your friends to play it.

And which armies will they play, since new stuffs are not completely
interchangeable with the old one (nor their prices)?
What I liked of the old SM/TL is that a *complete* army was under 200$
worth: how much has I to pay now for a new E40K ones?

> As for simplifying Wh40k (which was mentioned elsewhere): in case
>
> anyone mentions sales to newbies, the designers clarified it as
> simplifying (i.e. streamlining) the system for *themselves*. See
>
> Necromunda and Gorkamorka? Well I'd put money on the fact
> they're
> testing grounds for Wh40k#3 (consciously or not). Now, if the
> sales
> people gave me this reason I'd be dubious, but the designers are
> really sound people. Trust me.

I like Necromunda (and they trashed it), while I think GM is more suited
to promote the WH40K Ork army ( too costly to start for anyone still
sane) and maybe a bit lower then GW hope in the epic40K.

> Yes I like
> DBA (et al) and yes I have seen similarities between that and
> E40k.

What does DBA means? I read about it on a mail or two, but I wasn't able
to figure it out.

P.s: I'm upset with that bloody Games-Workshop, not with you ; )
cheers

Pippero