RE: [Epic] Epic (square) bases

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 09:29:39 -0600

>> ------> What, you haven't run into the "IG Traitors" Cheesehead before?
>>
>> "It's all the goodness (badness?) of Chaos, now with the artillery power
>> of the Imperial Guard!"
>>
>> Net result is the same old close assault monsters advancing under cover
>> of a major arty barrage.
>Actually there WAS a way of doing this with a purely Chaos army too. Not
>Cannon of Khorne, but Warhounds. For 1000 pts, you get 8 barrages a turn
>with a range of 100 cm, with a good save modifier and decent chance to
>hit.
>--

----> What were you mounting on those Warhounds? IIRC the multi-launcher
was
fine for BP's but had no save mod, and I didn't think they could mount
the one-shot
missiles. An arty company is , admittedly, fewer barrages, but they have
heavier
save mods and are nice for busting pretty much everything.

Chris Miller