RE: [Epic] Epic scale, rant and rave - long -

From: Cyril Crocker <dslayer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 15:02:09 -0500

If you have problems looking down at the game table and telling 2 weapon
sy=
stems apart (for that matter telling 10+ weapon systems apart) you
really s=
hould not be war gaming. The argument that having more than one
kind of su=
pport weapon makes the game "to complex" really is missing the
point.

I th=
ink what adds to the fact the game plays faster is the listing of each vehi=
cle in the detachment sheets. No more looking up in the rule books for a s=
ingle number in a large chart. It's all right in front of you.
Due to this=
 reason, I personally don't see why GW couldn't have detailed the armies ju=
st a bit more. Overall, it may slow down the game set up, but during play =
it's all right under your nose on the detachment sheet. It wouldn't slow d=
own the game at all, providing there are no "special rules" for units. Any=
one designing house rules for units really should stick to the FP/SHWs and =
the game play shouldn't be sacrificed at all.
OTOH, there are certain aspec=
ts of the game that Epic40k doesn't cover. I think J.M.L.'s Epic 41k cover=
s these quite well. My complements to you.
Cyril Crocker
Dragon Slayer
dsl=
ayer_at_...