[Epic] Re: Support Weapons

From: Staffan Raupach <z96rast_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 12:40:55 +0100

> > > Weapon Move Range FirePower Assault Armour Notes
> > > Scatter Laser 10 30 4 0 4+
> > > Hvy. Plasma 10 45 2 0 4+
> > > Las Cannon 10 45 2 0 4+
> > > D-Cannon 10 45 disrupt 0 4+
> > > Missile Lnchr 10 45 AT 0 4+
> > >
> Personally, I would give the Hvy Plasma and Las Cannon 3 Fp.
> Also, make the Missile Lnchr the same. All 3 heavy weapons
> are pretty similar in E40K.
> (They are 2 pts more, they deserve something).
> Also, you forgot the vibro cannon. Here is what I came up with.
> Weapon Move Range FP AF Armour Notes
> Vibro Cannon 10 45 AT 0 4+ Artillary
> I'd actually make this one cost 16 pts. The artillary is to
> represent it's 'going underground' effect.

I would make the Vibrocannon disrupt instead of AT vs infantry it's main
advantage is knoking them down forcing them to not moving in their next
movment phase.

On the other hand the D-cannon in WH40K is (when it hits) very
destructive, The wraith guard carry a scaled down version of the
d-cannon (50% chance that the target dies, regardless of wounds).

there are something that doesnt fit in with the firepower value vs
tanks, giving a scatterlaser FP 4 just because it can get 6 shots in
WH40K isn't enough. You have to consider the effect vs tanks it hasn't a
shadow of a chance, either you have to give it FP 0 vs tanks or even it
out giving it
FP 2.

or perhaps even better stay with the rules printed in the rulebook.

//staffan