[Epic] Rumor Control Explained.

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 14:31:08 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 7 Feb 1997, Chad Taylor wrote:

> What is your source of information? Do you have a copy of the new
> rules??

This is Rumor Control and these are the facts...

Do I have a copy of the new rules... good question. I am a private
individual with no ties to GW other than I like to play their games. If I
said I had a copy of the new rules and GW heard about it (I beleive they
do monitor this list) then I would be violating copyright laws.

My intention was to provide some solid information on the new rules, since
this group, in general, has a lot of concerns about them, and anticipate
something horrible. Given GW's past treatment of their games and Epic in
particular, I can't blame them.

Perhaps this was a bad idea. I saw the rants abut the new system and knew
I could do something about it since GW isn't. The outriders and Approved
stores will be getting their sets soon and then they can speak of these
things, but I thought I could help out before the situation got too ugly.

So... Do I have a copy of the new rules? No, I don't because that would
violate the law. What I do have is a confidential, anonymous (even to me)
source that occasionaly gives me insights to concepts in the new rules to
explain that some of the concerns of this list _have_ been at least
attempted to be corrected.

For the record, I will be purchasing Epic40k when it comes out, based on
the information I know. I'll even post the sales receipt if you want...
I'm not using this source to cheat GW out of any money. In fact I'm
trying to help them by explaining that the majority of the concerns on
this list have been noticed by the new rules.

So there you have it... Rumor Control Explained... what happens next
depends on the response of the list and GW's legal department (boy, I hope
I'm kidding about that bit).

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"What good is science if no one |
gets hurt?" - Chrome Dome