Re: [Epic] Shields

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 15:51:37 -0500

Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister wrote:

> I was thinking about the Imperial and Orky void shields and power fields
> today....
>
> How do they actually work? Rather than actually 'shunting' the hits off
> to the side, in my mind they simply disperse the energy over such a wide
> area that it can do no appreciable damage to the titan or gargant
> itself. So why are an Imperator titan's shields easier to drop than a
> Warlord titan's? It has more of them, but this shouldn't decrease their
> efficiency. So what I came up with is this:

Naah, shot hits the shield, causes a power surge that trips a breaker on the
shield generators(or in the case of orks, blows up the shield generator)
Because the Imperator is bigger, it needs more power for shields, and thus
is easier to trip the switch. Being bigger doesn't mean you have better
wiring, just more rooms for more power generators for more shields.

Tyler