Re: [Epic] skimmers and avoiding getting shot

From: John Chapman <john_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 09:49:01 +1100 (EST)

> Hold on Lads, save your justification until you see the whites of their eyes.
>
> I remember reading somewhere that to do a pop-up attack the skimmers are up for
> the whole shooting phase. So they pop up, shoot when they can, then go down
> before the Assault phase. This allows them not to have to move into cover on
> one turn, out, shoot, then in the next, then out shoot, in the next. I may be
> wrong.

        Since you seem to be replying to one of my emails.... the way we play it
 is skimmers pop up as they have their shot in the shooting phase. After they
have their shot they do in fact hang round in the air until just before the
assault phase. Thus a bunch of falcons that pop up can be shot at by any
vehicles and infantry that are in range and havent fired before the falcons'
attack. Also any War engine in range will be able to shoot them as they will
remain in the air for the whole of the war engine shooting segment of the
shooting phase. WE skimmers (ie EoV's) remain popped up from the time they
shoot unit just before the assault phase too. However they CANT pop up until
after all vehicles/inf have shot. However any opposing WE that hasnt fired
before the pop up gets to shoot back. Well thats the way we interpretted pop
ups and thats what lead to my comments (which I seem to have deleted from the
above). If anyone else has a different interpretation Id be interested to
hear it.
                                                        JAC