Re: [Epic] skimmers and avoiding getting shot

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:04:19 -0500

Didn't we have a response from GW about passing in the
firing phase? I couldn't find it in Allan's Q&A, but there
was a time just before official Q&A where someone else was
getting some responses from the designers, and maybe it was
there.

But I think the result was that you can pass at any time,
but if the other guy passes, too, that part of the firing
phase is over. So the army of skimmers can wait until
later in the turn, but if he passes too late in the turn, the
other side could pass and not give Skimmer Guy his shots.

(Oops, no, I found it. It is in the pending Q&A, and is thus
as yet unanswered. Time to poke 'em again, Allan!)

Yes, I could see some effect on game play. The rule says a
player can "always" choose to pass, so I think that is pretty
clear. But it doesn't say what happens if both pass (the
guy with the Land Raiders passes to wait for the falcons, who
are waiting for the land raiders, etc.). I'm rooting for
"two passes and the phase is over".

andy

--
Andy Skinner