RE: [Epic] Epic40K boxed armies?

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 15:42:14 -0600

>I noticed that on the web you can order entire armies all in one $110(US)
>box set for WH40K. Are Epic 40K armies available the same way yet?
>Liquid

-------->There weren't any for the last edition (from GW anyway) and I
haven't
seen any for E40K, unless there was something in the latest WD. Probably
won't be long though...

         If they were as whacked as many of the 40K & WHFB boxed armies are,
you're better off without them.
EG:40K ork army is something like $210 list, probably less on the web
but still
over 100$, and nets a grand total of about 1000 pts, and includes boyz
and
gretchen you get mucho of in the game itself. A typical army is 2-3000
pts,
and you probably wouldn't buy any more goff boyz and grots in plastic if
given the option.
        You can get a pretty good Epic army with maybe 2 boxes of plastic
and a few metal vehicles, depending on race. Look through the rules and
army
lists, and play with some proxies, then buy what YOU like. Leaving it up
GW means you will almost certainly get some troops you are not going to
use. If you're going to spend that kind of money at once, make sure
you're
happy with every piece you're buying.

Chris Miller