RE: [Epic] pulsa rokkits

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 15:33:19 -0600

>> The same place the extra whirlwind rockets are? Wht about the two Krooz
>> Missiles on the Mega Gargant?
>
>The two Krooz missiles are on the model, aren't they?

-----> I think what he meant was that in SM/TL you got just the 2
missiles which come on the titan (they are removable) and once they were
gone, they're gone. Under E40K rules, I don;t think this is so, so the
missiles must magically reload somehow (hundreds of gretche emerge as
sson as one is fired, each with one part, and a blueprint which says
"you go here")

>I've wondered whether a whirlwind shot one or two at a time (the
>type of warheads provide the barrage effect), or whether there
>were multiple shorter rockets in each whirlwind tube. But you
>are probably right--they get reloaded by invisible guys that take
>'em out of the Whirlwind's chassis, while the whirlwind has stopped
>moving and you just didn't notice.
>
>andy

------> In WH40K you fire One missile at a time, (I believe there is a
limited salvo option) but once you run out, your out. OK for that game,
but one thing Epic doesn't need IMO is supply rules. You could work up
some kind of system using counters, but we already have the heavy
barrage every other turn rule, and I'm not sure it would be worth a real
add on. Could borrow something from another game (Necromunda?) and just
say on a bad roll somebody's out of ammo - make the rolls a little more
exciting...
Call it the "limited ammo" special rule and stick it on mega cannons,
barrages, etc.

Chris Miller