[Epic] Passing,pulsa rokkits, etc.

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 07:39:06 +0930

Greetings all,
Just my 2c worth on a couple of threads.
Passing
Quite clearly stated on page 16 of rule book. However cann't find anything
to suggest that if you pass you lose the shot. You noted it was in the books
Tyler, could you give me a reference please. The porblem is when is enough
enough. I liked the double pass but the more I think about it Alan's
suggested triple pass works well in a tactical and strategic sense.
ie. Player 1 makes tactical decision to pass (maybe to wait for pop up )
    Player 2 decides to pass too ( maybe for tactical reasons,maybe just to
call Player 1's bluff ) In double pass would now end with nothing gained by
either side.With triple pass player one now has to make a decision not using
the criteria of the first decision, but on a use it or lose it basis.

Pulsa Rokkits
The rules are fairly specific about one shots, if it is a one shot it says
so. Lets not bring logistics and supplys in Epic ( although they work ok in
campaign rule for between battle periods if simple, see Chris Pinsons Epic
Empires, based on Mighty Empires on his web page )
I used to do logistics and supply with little cardboard squares in board
games many years ago and whilst in the right context its ok IMHO Epic is not
the right context.
Anyway one shots -
Vortex Missle RB 34
Death Strike Launcher AB17
Mechanicus Ordinatus Golgotha AB 25 ( 6 single shots )
Reaver AB 27
Warlord AB 28
Mega Gargant Krooz - this is not as specific as I thought although
it does state it has two and only 1 can be fired per turn. I have always
played this as 2 x 1 shots. AB 49
Squat List
Bomb Battlecar on Squat Land train.(CJ 21)
There we are, for what its worth my definitive list of one shots
RB = rule book, AB = army book, CJ = guesses anyone ?
No guarantees list is complete.
Cheers
Alun