Re: [Epic] Vortex Missles was New Eldar Minis & WD

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:57:42 +0930

-----Original Message-----
From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
To: space-marine_at_... <space-marine@...>
Date: Monday, November 17, 1997 12:24 PM
Subject: RE: [Epic] New Eldar Minis & WD

>At 11:10 AM 11/17/97 +1030, you wrote:
>>Talk to Alun about Vortex being cheesy. On Sunday, after knocking down all
>>the shields on his Mega Gargant using Leman Russ's and Marauders, a SINGLE
>>vortex missle blew it to bits.
>
>Well, that's not too suprising, seeing as you get d6 Death Rays (d6
automatic
>criticals... YIKES!!!) :)

Especially when someone rolls a 6 for the number of shots and then 3 lots of
9, a couple of 4's and a 5 on criticals. Ouch !!!!
But revenge is a dish best served cold. My Cyclops for my Squats should
arrive tomorrow. Hellfury Cannon D3+3 Death Rays per turn with a range of
60. Now thats so cheesy I'd call it Chedder. But I would never use more than
one and then only in 2000 pt plus games.
Cheers
Alun