[Epic] What is your problem ?

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:58:38 +0930

-----Original Message-----
From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
To: space-marine_at_... <space-marine@...>
Date: Monday, November 17, 1997 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: [Epic] Fw: What is your problem?

>At 08:53 AM 11/17/97 +0930, you wrote:
>>I thought the whole list might like to see this rather than just the few
he
>>targeted.
>>PS I sent him a reply TRYING to explain what it was all about but whether
he
>>appreciates what he has done or not, who knows ?
>>Cheers
>>Alun
>>Ignorance is Bliss
>
>Yeah, but there's no reason to start a thread called "Dvir Sucks!"
>
>We don't even know the guy. He made an honest mistake. I don't think he
>really deserved the abuse. Sheesh. I wouldn't stay on the list if someone
>started a thread called "Elias Sucks!" I don't need that kind of bullshit,
>especially from someone I don't even know. Give the guy a break. He
>screwed up (and was it REALLY that distubing?) It's not that big a deal
>to get an extra message when you send one off to the list. The list
>itself produces 50 or 100 mails a day, what's two or three more? Drops
>in the proverbial Bucket. Or River, if you like that one better.
>

>Elias

>"Understanding is a three edged sword."
>
> -Kosh
  Firstly, Just to set the record straight I didn't start a thread called
Dvir sux nor do I condone it. I
simply replied to a call for a vote that someone delist the guy and send him
a message explaining why and inviting him to rejoin on his return. I agree
it wasn't a huge problem but it was annoying especially to those of us with
slower modems that pay for call duration for downloads. ( over the week it
probably accounted for thirty or forty posts )It was unnessesary and I
simply wanted it brought to this guys attention so next time he went on
holiday he didn't do it again.
Secondly, I only posted his reply to the list so people where aware that he
had replied but was unaware of his mistake, not so I could be criticised for
picking on the guy, which I didn't do
at any stage as you'll see if you check the mail from last week.
And for the lurkers that are wondering what this was all about
Dvir went away on a trip and set his mail to autoreply which ment that
everytime someone posted to the list they got a message back from his mail
server. Not a huge problem but over the space of ten days fairly annoying to
those that post regularly.
Anyhow I hope Dvir can rejoin the list and that this is the end of this and
we can get back to discussing Epic. ( now theres a novel idea ) :-)

Cheers
Alun